The Dos and Don’ts of Pool Maintenance
Do you ever just sit and daydream of being in the pool especially on a hot summer’s day? Nothing beats the feeling of jumping in the cold pool, under the heat of the sun, with your favorite music blasting from the speakers.
The pool is really a man’s best friend during hot summer days or boring weekends when you have nothing much planned for the day. It is especially fun if you have your friends and family with you, playing all sorts of games and taking photos. When you know you are going to hit the pool, expect a day full of fun and relaxation.
The pool makes a lot of people happy. Because of this, as pool owners, whether in private homes or commercial spaces, we need to maintain our pools so we can always give the pool users the best experience they can get when swimming in the pool or when just relaxing near it.
While there is professional help you can get such as here in the Crazy Legs Pool Service, you can maximize that service by doing what you can to keep your pool clean.
Benefits of Swimming In The Pool
2. Aid in Brain Function Improvement
3. Increase Your Energy Level
4. Improves Social Skills
Now that all these benefits have been mentioned, it’s time we get down to the business of knowing how to properly maintain our pools as homeowners. Here are the dos and don’ts!
- Clean regularly. Do not wait for all the dirt and possible damage to accumulate before doing something about it.
- Establish a schedule or a cleaning routine that is convenient for you.
- Stay up to date with the proper pool equipment. If not up to date, make sure that your pool equipment is also in top shape that is still able to do its job and function to make your pool squeaky clean!
- Check the pH levels of your pool. If you find that you don’t have something to manage the pH levels, baking soda is actually a pretty big help.
- Chlorine levels must also be checked to make sure that they are not too high or too low. The chlorine level is vital to ensure the safety of the pool.
- Your pool deck! Yes, your pool deck must also be clean.
- Leaves may look cute floating around your pool, but they must be removed immediately. Leaves come with dirt. Therefore, when leaves land on your pool water, the dirt that come from the leaves might transfer to the pool.
- Most people try to “shock” their pools, but that will just blast chlorine and damage the pool water. Don’t do that!
- It’s definitely a no-no to wear regular clothing in the pool. The pool will get contaminated with germs.
- If your pets have not been bathed recently, don’t let them in!
- Don’t try to repair electric pool equipment by yourselves because it is extremely dangerous.
How Crazy Legs Pool Service Can Help
We do all sorts of pool services – commercial, residential, and hotel or motel pool services.
Our services include the following:
- Pool Cover Sales
- Reassemble Filter and Pump
- Seasonal Opening/Closing
- Maintaining Water Chemistry
- Start-Up System
- Pressure Washing Decks and Furniture
- Vacuum Pool
- Maintenance Logs
- Scrub Tile Waterline and Walls
- Tile Setter
- Straighten Deck Furniture
With all of these services, you will definitely get more than what you paid for. It’s time to get out and get some sun and fun in the pool. But before that, let’s keep it clean. Give us a call at 302-682-9400 or fill out our website form and we’ll get started on getting your pool clean.